The Only Problem

I get absorbed in a thought. It has world-shaking significance. An hour later, that thought seems so small. By then, of course, I have been taken in by another thought.

Awareness is not thought. Awareness is the great mother, watching thoughts play and roughhouse in the sandbox of this mind. She watches over my thoughts, but is not among them. She does not take sides in their tussle.

Yes, the world appears to have innumerable problems. But getting stuck in my thoughts is the only real problem. Lost in the whirl of thoughts, I lose the still warm core of Self-nourishment that is the first step in solving any problem.

I am not my thoughts. I am Awareness. My true nature is motherhood for all beings. Om shantih, shantih, shantih.

1 comment:

Donovan said...

thank you for that.