Ordinary of the Seasons


I don't need a lifecoach who tells me to burst my limits and push my comfort zone. That is for people who feel limited and uncomfortable.

My life-coach is the warbler on a cherry twig. My life-coach is a shaggy stray. My life-coach teaches me the art of living within my limitations. Accept, surrender, allow grace. Not pushing against boundaries, but infusing them with boundless Presence. My life-coach points out miracles of the ordinary.

Have you truly looked this morning? Have you seen the unfolding petal of a daffodil, whose golden edges are not edges at all, but fractals interwoven with soft mountains of infinite space?

Have you noticed that deep silence is not silent? It is filled with infinitesimal bells of joy.

Have you watched the motionless explosion of your garden awakening, weeds lit from within their seeds?

Thrust your hand into the loam as into a birthing mare. Search for the foal's head. Help what emerges. Have you bowed to the world?

No comments: