Before I Sleep


Before I go to sleep, the Creator reminds me to search my heart and ask one crucial question: "Did you have any fun today?"

"But Lord, the world is so full of injustice, violence and terror. What right have I to be happy?"

The Lord answers, "I gave you the earth for beauty, but I also gave you the freedom to finish creation, by focusing on whatever you like."

"I finish your work?"

"Did I not give you the power to name the creatures? That is the power to bend the world toward joy or sorrow, love or fear; the power of your perception."

"They did not tell us about this power in church or in school."

"They did not want you to be powerful. But now I tell you, the supreme creative power is the power of Delight. Even if for a single instant you delight in a blossoming weed, the face of a child, or the sound of hummingbird wings, you lift the heart of humanity, and offer creation back to its source. For I Am perfect Delight."


No comments: