The Unpardonable Sin

"Every kind of sin can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31)

Jesus made the remarkable statement that there is only one unpardonable sin: to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit. What does this mean? 

The Spirit is my very life-breath. If I blaspheme against myself, if I belittle my own life, not even God can help me. The unpardonable sin is to think so little of myself that I give away my spiritual authority to another. 

Whether I go to Church or don't go to Church, whether I follow one religion or another, or none at all, doesn't matter at all. What matters is to pray this prayer for absolution of all my sins: 
"O My Self, have mercy on me. Forgive me for placing my faith in anyone else, forgive me for forfeiting my spiritual authority to another, priest or pope, savior or guru. Forgive me for doubting the audacious humility of my perfection. For it is only when I embrace my unfalleness, that I may ignite perfect joy in others. Amen."

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!

What is the unforgivable sin?
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the unpardonable sin.
How is the unpardonable sin committed?

THE EXAMPLE OF THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN!

Mark 3:22 The scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, "He is possessed by Beelzebul," and "He cast out the demons by the ruler of the demons."
Mark 3:28-30 "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"---30 because they were saying, "He has an unclean spirit."

These scribes were committing BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT because they said Jesus was casting out demons by the power of an unclean spirit, when in fact it was by the power of THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is proclaiming that Jesus was possessed by Satan and using Satan's power; when in fact Jesus was empowered by the Holy Spirit.

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

AKL said...

No thanks. I went to seminary, studied the Bible in both Hebrew and Greek, and got a "Master of Divinity," and I found the mainstream Christian teaching to be very superficial. I prefer going to hell with William Blake, Mark Twain, and Buddha, where I am sure Jesus will offer us bread and roses.