Don't Worry, You ARE Crazy


The problem is, you are worried that you might be crazy. The solution is, know that you are crazy and drop the worry.

The first and last fear is the fear that there is something wrong with me. When I begin to see that the world is melting away, dissolving each instant, like a thin layer of snow on groundlessness, I may doubt my sanity, because I have identified with the ephemeral for so many lifetimes.  

It is precisely at this time that one needs a Guru. The role of the Guru is to assure you, with a gentle whisper or merely a glance, that it is perfectly all right to let go of shadows and reflections. You can simply Be the omnipresent light of pure awareness, without grasping at the world.  

Before his outer form passed from the earth, my first Guru Mahesh Yogi gave me this gift. A group of us were gathered round him as he spoke of the subtle, rather disturbing stage of transition when the world appears as it truly is: an ever dissolving cloud. Then we have no refuge but our own pure awareness, "I Am." Through a Self-confidence instilled by the Guru's grace, we cease grasping these fleeting forms; we let the world come or go as it pleases. Ironically, this is when we become most fully response-able, most capable of love, for we are in the present moment, unburdened by the non-existent past. 

Here is the eternal truth about the non-entanglement of  Purusha with Prakriti, consciousness with the world. Jai Guru Dev.

No comments: